Myth or Fact? At a certain age children can choose with which parent they want to reside.
Faure & Faure Inc. Director, Marelize Meintjes, clarifies this in the video below.
Divorce is normally a traumatic experience for all parties involved, more so if minor children are involved.
The most recent Stats SA data on marriages and divorces released during 2021 indicate that there were 23 710 divorces finalised in 2019. The results show that four in ten divorces came from marriages that did not even last for ten years. Also, 13 264 (55,9%) of the divorces involved children younger than 18 years old.
The legal team at Faure & Faure Inc. is experienced in all legal aspects related to the protection of the individual’s rights where it involves personal relationships, including but not limited to:
- Parental responsibilities and rights as well as agreements (for example minor children born in and out of wedlock)
- Maintenance disputes
- Mediation of family law disputes
- Cohabitation agreements and resolution of disputes resulting from co-habitation
- Domestic violence
- Ante-nuptial contracts and changes in matrimonial property regimes
- Adoptions and permanency planning
- Enforcement of orders relating to family law matters
For more information, contact 021 871 1200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faure & Faure Inc. – Your partner in Law in the Paarl and Boland Area.
Follow Faure & Faure Inc. Attorneys on Facebook.